Sunday, December 30, 2007
My brag time... I mean, update.
Time for another update on my kids! We'll start with Garrett this time.
He is getting easier and easier, and with that is getting more fun! He is almost 5 months old now (on Jan 10th) and is hitting a personality growth, and showing more and more personality all the time! He is a very sweet, happy, smiling, laughing, mild tempered baby, which just makes up for all the barfing he does. Yep, he is still barfing. Much less then he did before switching to formula, but enough to still keep bibs on him at all times and lots of burp clothes near by. Hopefully that will dramatically change in the next couple of months. As for physical changes, he is rolling over like a pro now and getting into the crawling postion on all 4's! He shocked me the other night when he scooted himself in a 360! So we're close to being mobile, I think. He is also at the point now where I can just put him in bed and walk away and he just goes to sleep on his own and sleeps for about 7 hours straight. I love it!
Keira is amazing me every day with how smart she is! She is potty training herself with a little help from me and we're very slowly making progress this way, which is fine by me since she's a little early to be potty trained anyways. She tells me when she needs to go to the bathroom, I'll take off her diaper and she'll sit on her potty and go. And she'll do this a few times a day on her own. It makes me so happy! She's also starting to sing her ABC's. It's real cute! She'll be singing the tune and a "bee" or "ess" or "double-you" will pop in there throughout the song. She also knows a lot of signs, and that shocked me because I never taught her them! Thank you Baby Einstein! She has been watching a signing DVD for awhile now and a couple of days ago she was watching it and started saying the word and signing it before the lady did! Totally amazed me and still does! And her latest amazing thing she's done is learn her shapes. Yesterday I sat down with her and taught her the shapes and she now has them down! I brought all of this up to her Dr and he was shocked as well and described her as being a precoscious little 21 month old girl! Man, am I one proud mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You definitely have bragging rights. Your kids are great and I had fun babysitting them. Keira is so good it amazes me. For how young she is she's very smart and full of sweetness. She's so cute with Garrett too. She'd give him kisses. He's such a good baby. I don't know how you got so lucky ;) No you deserve these two angels.
I can't believe how fast they grow!!! Everyone says that, but it's so true!!!
Your kids are adorable! Keira is so smart!! And I love Garrett's outfit! I can't believe they are so old already!
What cuties! (And what a darling little outfit Garrett has on...)
Fun updates. I am glad I get to see them on a regular basis.
Post a Comment