Today was one of those days that you would wish wouldn't be eventful like it was. Richard and I were enjoying a morning of errands around town and taking the kids around the mall and all was going just fine until about 2:ish. I was checking my email upstairs when I started to get what I thought were gas pains, but it quickly got worse so I thought I better lay down and try to (*clears throat*) uh, try and relieve some pressure. I didn't even make it to the bottom of the stairs before the pain starting getting excrutiating! When I finally got to the basement the pain was starting to produce tears. Within 5 minutes I felt like my insides were exploding and I suddenly knew what was happening. This had happened to me before about 3 years ago and it was as horrible then as it was now. We decided to go to the ER because the pain was intolerable and it just kept getting worse. The pain started on my bottom right side of my abdomen and spread to the left as time went by and then started to go up my abdomen. A sharp pain with lots of pressure. Just like magic, when we got checked into the ER the pain started going down. The Drs did a few tests and confirmed what I thought. I had a cyst on my ovary that ruptured and the pain of it spreading everywhere was the fluid that was inside of the cyst. After making sure it was ok and giving me some Morphine I was sent home. I'm much better now, but my abdomen is sore all over to the touch! I'm considering some advice I got to go to my OB and get an ultrasound done to see if there was any damage done to my ovaries and to see if it's possible that I have PCOS (lots of cysts on my ovaries). Seeing as we don't have insurance I'm still thinking about whether I'll do that or not.
So, that was our eventful day today. It sure makes me appreciate boring days!
7 comments:
Betsy! I'm so sorry, that sucks. I hope the pain is better now. I'm glad you are back home and safe.
Sorry to hear about that. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope you are feeling much better now.
Todd
Ugh...I am so sorry! How horrible. Honestly it would be a day like that I would be grateful you live with Mom, someone to take care of you/watch the kids. I hope you feel better soon!
Ouch ouch! Sorry you had to deal with that! Hope all is well now.
I had no idea! I am glad you are feeling better.
So, I haven't been able to access your blog through several of the blogs and wondered if you were still doing this. I see that you ARE and have loved reading through and catching up. I especially enjoy that I was there for a lot of it! :) We sure love your family and were very glad to spend so much time with you this season. You guys need to take a break from the ER - you're giving them far too much patronage. Take care.
I have PCOS bad. They are actually taking out an ovary probably because the cysts burst frequently and it huuuuuurts. Bless morphine.
Post a Comment