Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring, Crawling, & ABC's


Yea for warm weather!!! I can't believe how much my opinion on weather has changed since becoming a mother! I still love winter and all the snow that comes with it, but I have been so anxious for spring to come this year, simply because being stuck indoors with a nearly 2 year old almost drives me crazy some days! It has been so nice to be out soaking up the sunlight and playing with Keira & Garrett the last few weeks! We have been playing at the park (the pic is of Keira with her friend, Eliza), playing in the sand in the volleyball pit at the park, going on bike rides, and going on lots of walks! It's been soo nice! And I'll admit that I had as much fun as Keira playing in the sand. Exhibit A: the cool looking sand castle! YEA for Spring weather!!!


On an unrelated note, Garrett is threatening to start crawling forward any day now. He's got the backward crawling down now, but I think he's almost ready to actually go forward now. He's been getting up on his hand and knees and rocking back and forth, and even diving forward now and then. The thing that is amusing, though, is when he gets up on his toes! What a funny boy!

And on another random note, here is a video of Keira singing her ABC's. Don't mind me in the background mouthing the letters. hehe I didn't realize I was doing that!

9 comments:

Tink said...

Oh she is so big! I can't believe that she knows her ABC's and Garrett can crawl backwards! I don't think I've ever seen that; you will have to post a video of it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

cute!! I'm jealous I get to miss out on days at the park!!! We think alike... I was going to choose that layout for my blog today!! Good Choice!

Betsy Lee said...

Garrett crawls backwards, but it's still pretty slow. I'll try and get a video of it, though.

ha! That's funny you were going to choose this background, Kim! Lillies are my favorite!! Yeah, I wish you were close to have days at the park with us too! :(

Loraine said...

What darling babies. Keira surprises me every day with the stuff she can say. She's amazing. And Garrett is the most patient little boy I've seen since his Dad was a baby. I love the pictures. And, I love the new background, very classy.

Lizzie. said...

aww. I love how Eliza and Keira are buddies. Great picture of them. That picture of Garrett is so cute! he looks like a doll he's so adorable. It was fun talking to you last week and seeing how smiley he is.

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Priceless! And mom, you are very good at your ABC's too! (he, he)

Lees Everything Homemade said...

(Sorry, in case that last post wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to my "mom", but Keira's "mom".)

Mark J. Stoddard said...

I can't believe how smart my grand daughter is. And what a great teacher her mother is.

Dad

Becky said...

OH! Those ABC's are so cute. And I totally know what you mean with needing to get out. We've had good weather for a while, but I am anxious to get back to US parks - they are much safer (and in most cases much cleaner too!)