First of all, Richard's back to school again. This semester is slightly different then last semester because he is now working nearly full time (a few hrs shy of it) AND going to school full time. Right now he's signed up for 18 credits, but he'll probably drop a few. So he's pretty much always going to be gone from 7:30 am - 8:00 pm, some nights later. *cry* I'll survive, but I'm not saying I'll be happy about it. :(
Coincidentally my packet from BYU came in the mail the same day he started classes, so we both started school at the same time! :P I just started my course and I'm really excited about what I've gotten myself into! I really love history, apparently, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I traveled a lot when I was younger and learned bits of history and culture right there on sight of where it happened. That makes history a lot more exciting, and is probably why I am the 3rd person in my family of 5 to major in it. haha
Garrett is signing a lot of words these days! He can sign hot, all done, more, milk, bread, cheese, and apple. He is talking a little bit, but he mostly grunts and hollers. He's a very funny kid, and is always so happy! He's just a bit frustrating these days because he's so dangerous. He climbs on to our table, eats anything in sight, and opens anything that can open, and all that with no fear. Just in the last week he has put coal, a thumb tack, dirt, and rocks in his mouth. It's a good thing he's so happy and sweet!
Keira is becoming such a good help to me! She just loves to help me with anything I'll let her, and lately we've been babysitting our friend's cute little 7 month old girl twice a week (I'm nuts, right?), and she just hovers over her and helps her any way she can! She's also right in the midst of potty training and I'm going a little crazy! She's to the point where she very rarely has a full-blown accident, but lately it seems like she's regressed and nearly every time she goes to the bathroom her underwear is wet too! Ah! It's driving me crazy! Any advice???
Lastly, I can not believe the winter we've had so far!!! It's been crazy out there! I love it, though, and being in Elk Ridge we've gotten a lot this year! It's been fun to have a wood burning stove to make fires in and cozy up next to when it's blustering outside.
Here are some pictures to show how much snow we've had. Keira and I have fun in the snow when Garrett's asleep, although I'm not sure who enjoys it more. :P
This was taken today after our latest storm. There's about 2-3 inches more right here since it's next to the driveway, but it's not to much higher then the rest of the area.
5 comments:
you are such a good mom! i love the fort so cute! i am there with ya sister with hubby going to school and working full time but plus i work full time! which leaves me to see him one night a week but not till 6 pm on that night and every other weekend. the every other weekend we both are off and it is so nice!
I was thinking of you today and I went to my blog to see why I hadn't seen yours since I last saw you. I don't know how but you weren't on my blog. No wonder I never saw when you updated. Glad I fixed that. Anyway, I love all your pictures and journaling of the past year. You know how to really enjoy being a mom. I love it! Your kids are darling. How long did it take you to build the snow fort? I am quite impressed.
Oh and I absolutely love your family pictures. You all look so good!
Will she ever grow up? Your Mom I mean. Hope not.
Dad
Hurrah for you and your schooling! And I'm glad that someone out there likes history. Apparently, you have a family full of 'em! Imagine!
Post a Comment