I had a blog-worthy moment today. (Try saying that 10 yrs ago!)
Garrett and Libby were both taking a nap and Keira was playing with puzzles, so I got out my cross stitch and started working on it. Before long Keira was at my side inquiring about what I was doing and asking to help. So I put the needle where it needed to go and let her pull it out, and we did that a few times. Then I got the idea to get out some other cross stitching stuff and let her try doing one by herself. She loved the idea, and loved actually doing it even more! She caught on quick and I just let her go at it and do whatever she wanted with the thread, going in whatever holes and not making x's. When she used up one thread she chose another color of thread and began again. There was a moment when she and I were just sitting on the floor doing our own cross stitches, singing along to Disney music, and I just paused and soaked it in. It was pure bliss for me!!! :)
She is pretty dang proud of what she did today... and so am I! (Of hers, that is.)
No help from me, except to start and finish each thread.
6 comments:
WOW--that's fun--so cute you both share a love to do together. I love it--you should frame it:)
Oh, I'm totally going to frame it! :)
ahhh, I remember when Kali did that. It looks very similar to Kiera's:) What a cutie!
Oh, what a sweet moment. How very fun!! I love it.
I love the picture - Keira is beaming but I think Mom is beaming even more! :)
:) Sounds like you will have something to keep you two busy while Richie is gone to Africa. Maybe you can get Garrett to like it too :) If he can sit that long.
Awesome Keira! What a cutie!
Post a Comment