Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Richard's Home!!!

Life is good... no, life is GREAT again!

Richard's been home since Friday night, but we've been to busy just being with each other to update. He came home safe and sound and we stayed up all night catching up. He brought back awesome souvenirs, too!

An authentic tribal mask.
A large wooden elephant.
A rhino for Garrett, a bushmen carving for me, a thorn from an akasha tree, and bracelets he got bought from some girls in the Himba tribe he visited.
Presents for the girls. The necklaces are made of seeds, and the elephant is a pen.
A hat for Richard, and the horn of an Oryx, which he bought from the bushmen.
A painting for me.
We all loved our presents! Thank you, Daddy!
(We're all more excited to have him home then have the presents, though!)

Now that Richard is home he is now officially GRADUATED!!! Now it's time to look for a job. What an exciting and scary time of life! Mostly exciting, though. I can't wait to see what the next couple of months bring!!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

We are in that same time frame. It's crazy where life takes you. The craziest thing is how your whole world can change in one day. I am so happy for you that Richard is home. I am sure you have thought of the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder." I thought about it a lot when Gilbert was gone all summer last year. It's funny how you can take all the little things for granted until it is gone. It's the greatest feeling in the world when they come back again.

Alishia said...

I am glad that he can be back home with you guys! I almost started crying when i saw you guys give each other, and I'm not even married to understand completely. :) Happy for you guys!

Becky said...

YAY! What a great post! Very Sweet.
Awesome Stuff! Adorable kids! I miss you guys, can't wait to see you all very soon. =)

Welcome home, brother.