Friday, September 3, 2010

Piano Lessons, and Pictures.

Here are a few random pictures from the last little while that I can't help but share.

We went on a picnic up the canyon with some of Richard's family the other day and it was a bit chilly, so I tucked all the little kids in (minus the babies) and they thought it was hilarious! It was good entertainment for a good 15 minutes or so.

"Life's tough; get a helmet."
What can I say? The boy likes hats. He wore this around the yard while he played for a good twenty minutes. He looked like a bobble head doll running around with that huge helmet on his head!
Libby's getting so big! She now plays with the kids inside and out, and is so close to walking! I thought it was extra cute when Libby climbed into this car and shortly after Garrett joined her and they just giggled.

Last, but not least, I'm now teaching piano lessons to Keira and gave her her first lesson today! She did great understanding how to position her fingers on the right keys, reading the notes, and slowly playing Mary Had a Little Lamb! I wrote on her fingers the letters and then put stickers on the keys with the letters as well to help her get it. I'm pretty excited that she's showing interest in playing the piano and hope it lasts!

The best news about all of this is that I've been teaching her to play from our home on MY VERY OWN PIANO!!!! Carillisa (bless her!) called us up on Monday and said that her neighbor was moving and just giving away her piano! I was hesitant since we're in an apartment (bugging our neighbors) and I figured a piano worth giving away is missing keys and whatnot. We accepted it anyways and boy were we happy when we saw what condition it was in! It looked even better after we cleaned it and polished it up! It's now in our bedroom to keep the kids at bay (ie, be quieter), which means we moved Libby into the kids room. Yep, we now have 3 kids in one bedroom! :0 Worth it for a piano, I say. :)

5 comments:

Tink said...

yeah a piano!!

Loraine said...

Very cool!!!! Thanks for posting the cute pictures. I'm glad someone took a picture of the kids in the blanket. So cute. Garrett is hilarious! And Libby is precious. Can't believe she's almost one.

DeAnna said...

Piano's are always worth it!!!
You won't be in an apartment forever.

Kim G said...

way cool! I'm totally jealous!

Becky said...

VERY fun. Our girls are starting piano too. More Lauren than Rissie, and I did the same thing by writing the numbers on their fingers.

How lucky you got that piano. There seem to be quite a few pianos available out here through craigslist but sad for us we are in such transition it wouldn't be practical. So our little keyboard is working great.

Our lives are so similar, Bets. We have three in a room too. It's working perfectly fine. I don't think they would want it any other way really.