Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Before & After; Entertainment Center

I found a new hobby!!  I found a new hobby!!  Painting!  I think this was my first time painting a wall or furniture, and it was just so much fun to me!  I've had this vision in my head of what I want my family room to look like and so when my sisters-in-law (Carillisa, DeAnna, Alishia, & Jamile) volunteered to come help me paint it, I gladly took them up on the offer.  The entertainment center alone is a lot of surface, so we made that the project for the day.  I found it to be very therapeutic, and since it's been finished I've already started painting the other walls.

BEFORE
This picture was taken before we moved in.
While I don't think the room looked bad, I had a vision of how it could look even better!

AFTER
Move past the room and focus on the entertainment center.  haha
The room looks trashed, but only because we had to take all the stuff off of the entertainment center to paint.

Tada!!!
I absolutely LOVE it!

Next up, the walls.  Like I said.  I've already started on them.  I'll post after-after pictures with the walls painted and the stuff up on the entertainment center when it's all done.  

So much fun!!!!  Thanks sisters (& Allison) for helping me!  I had lots of fun with you while we were working!  :)

6 comments:

Becky said...

That looks amazing! Did you add the knobs or were they already there? Love it!

Betsy Lee said...

Thanks! I'm really happy with the results. :)

The knobs were already there, but you can actually see them now. lol

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Yeah!!! It turned out beautiful. I can't wait to see what you have done with the walls. I'm sorry I was only help with the masking...:(

Angie said...

I love it! I'll have to come back to your house now just so I can really see it. :) That would have been a lot of work. Looks great!

Kim G said...

I likey :)

DeAnna said...

I'm really impressed with that paint, I think I will use if from now on. Very nice, I can't wait to see it all done!