This week for FHE we focused on healthy eating and some table setting rules.
We opened with Head Shoulders, Knees and Toes, and a prayer. Then we talked about what the different food groups are and how it's important to eat from all of the groups to keep us healthy and strong, and I taught them how to properly set the table (at least the way *I* was taught).
 |
The prince and the princess are married and live by the castle (spoon and knife by the cup), and the king lives on the other side and has a big comfy bed (the fork on top of the napkin).
|
I brought in their play food and set it up around the living room, organized by the different food groups. Then we gave them shopping bags and had them "go shopping", come home, set the table (had a blanket on top of the piano bench with plastic plates, cups and silverware for them to use), and had them make a balanced meal. Then we tied it in with the spiritual side of healthy eating (how God gave us this good food to help our bodies run efficiently, but they don't run as well when we feed them the wrong things) and sang I Am a Child of God and closed.
Fun, simple FHE this week. Kids paid attention and learned something together as a family. Success!
No comments:
Post a Comment