Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oy! What a mess!!!

So Sunday I put Keira down for her nap and about 45 minutes later she was still squaking in her crib so I went in and she said, "pee pee". Her poopy and peepy sound the same so I thought she was telling me she was poopy, so I went over to check her diaper to see if she was poopy. Much to my surprise when I went to grab the diaper it wasn't there! She had taken it off and thrown in on the ground!!! So there she was with her little dress on (without a diaper) standing in her crib with pee all over her bed!!!! I was sort of mortified, but mostly amused by the scene and couldn't help laughing. I cleaned it up and put a new diaper on her and put her down again. She went to sleep this time and about 2 hours later she started crying. I went in to find the diaper off again, but this time instead of pee there was POO everywhere!!! It was so gross!!! It was on her sheets, pillow, plankets, crib bars, and even on her teddy bear!!!! I wasn't so amused this time. :/ It was so nasty!!!

So now what do I do?!?! Richard said it's time for duct tape, but that sounds to complicated, so I think it's time to start potty training. So as of today we're starting a routine to kick off the potty training process by letting her sit on the toilet a number of times a day and really start pounding the idea of going potty into her head. She shows interest, can communicate, and can now take off her diaper, so I think she may be ready. Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Good Luck! And my only word of advice (and I'm sure with this topic, you'll get many words, just no more from me - unless approached.) - Expect it to be absolutely miserable and just dig in for the long haul.

It isn't fun, it isn't easy, but you really CAN teach her to use the toilet. AND...if you need a break, call me and I'll come sit with her until you can gather your strength and resolve. If it ends up being anything less than horrible, you'll be pleasantly surprised and glad you planned for the worst!

Happy Training! Think happy thoughts of the money you'll save when buying only one set of diapers.

Betsy Lee said...

Thanks for the advice! Any advice is welcome, as I'm not totally educated on this process yet. And even after I do educate myself it's always nice to have lots of advice to choose from. Yes, I definitely have diaper costs as an extra motivator! It will be nice not buying diapers for 2! Although, I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

I used to take my poopy diapers off and smear them all over the walls and carpet! My mom can tell you all about it. Good luck1

Anonymous said...

Betsy it was a kit, have you not seen them?