Sunday, May 4, 2008

Testimony Meeting & Keira

Today was testimony meeting at church, and I did a brave thing. I got up to bare my testimony. Even braver, I took Keira up with me! Richard had left with Garrett, so I felt forced to take her with me. Luckily she wasn't to bad, but as I held her on my hip as I bore my testimony she decided to add her two bits in every once in awhile. For instance, I was telling about her having a seizure and how she stopped breathing and she said, "Oh no!" (everyone laughs). And then I was telling about how she started talking again right away and said "where'd papa go?" after she was given a blessing and she said, "where'd Papa go?" (everyone laughs). And finally as I ended and said Amen and started to walk away she said (very loudly) "YEA CHURCH!!!" And of course... everyone laughed. What a funny kid! I was half choked up, half laughing the whole time! Lots of people approached me throughout the rest of church and commented on how cute Keira was up there and how they loved her enthusiasm for church. HAHA!! As cute as that was, if I get the nerve to get up again I think I'll try to avoid that scene again.

6 comments:

Tink said...

That little girl is so cute I just want to sqeeze her! Partly because she is so cute and because I'm not quite over her 911 scare. I haven't heard any news of another one so maybe her chances are getting better? Here's hoping!

Mark J. Stoddard said...

That whole thing sounds like a GEICO commercial. "Betsy Lee is an ordinary mom so GEICO hired this professional commedian to help us know what she means..."

Lees Everything Homemade said...

How cute is that? My dad mentioned it to me Sunday night and what a sweet testimony you shared. I think his exact words were something like, "Betsy, she's such a sweetie!"

Becky said...

I wish I could have been there. Sounds pretty dang cute to me. What a character. I am sure the comic relief helped make the story a little more bearable. I am SO glad that she seems to be better. What a scary situation.

Julie said...

That's so cute, Bets! What an exciting thing to have a child love church so much! I am still trying to get Eliza to sit for more than 15 minutes in church. It's bound to happen eventually, right? RIGHT?!? And way to go getting up the courage to bare your testimony...

Loraine said...

As an eye/ear witness, it was very cute, and I'm not being prejudiced because I'm the grandmother. She's adorable. And Betsy...you are adorable too. I love to hear your testimony, it's beautiful.