Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Aaaand it's gone.

After 2 yrs of having long hair (ok, well part of that was growing it out) I finally did it. I cut it!!! I enjoyed my time with long hair and the benefits of having long hair, but it was time for a change. So I decided to cut it real short. My sister-in-law, Jenny did it for me and she cut about 14 inches off of my hair!!! At first there was about 13 inches off, but then I changed my mind and wanted a slightly different style, so it got a little shorter.


Here I am with long hair as we're entering the Seattle area a few days before I chopped it.
Jenny braided it first so we could cut it off and have it neat in order to measure it.
That's a lot of hair!!! (and we cut off more after this measurement)
The first do. It was short in the back and long in the front with no layers, but I decided I wanted it a little shorter in the front with more layers around.

VOILA! Here's the finished product. Ah!!! It's so much shorter!! I like it, though. It's a nice change. Thanks Jenny!!

13 comments:

Mark J. Stoddard said...

You look different but very good!
What were the reactions from your kids and Richard?

latinlees said...

Soooo.... Does Richard still love you after that stunt.... hahaha. J/K Doesn't look bad though. You look a lot more like your sisters now. Especially that last one.

Julie said...

Oh my gosh I totally was not expecting that!! Wow! You look great! After seeing how much hair was cut off I was expecting your hair to be a lot shorter than it is. You make me want to have short hair again!

Courtney said...

Way cute hair, Bets! I quite like it. And you still look like you're 12. Good job on that.

Alishia said...

Wow! I love it! I wasn't expecting to like it because you looked so good with it long but it looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ok so i know that we havent talked forever! Thats why this is really weird i had a dream last night that you were in and you had cut your hair and it looked exactly like it does in your pic's isnt thet so weird!I think so.Because i had know idea that you had cut it.Ha well it looks really good and its a good change i cut mine right after i had Avarey.So i know how you feel. Love,Alli

DeAnna said...

I think it is really cute! Luv it!

Kim G said...

k so i totally left you a comment days ago and now its not here so if you didn't get it then i'll tell you again... I love it! I think its super cute and now i want to cut mine again

LauraBro said...

i love it Betsy---and i actually think you look like a LOT older!! i haven't seen you in just a month or so and you're all grown up (JK)---for reals though I think it's a hott change! (I don't got the guts to cut mine--just decided not to-I change my mind every other week!) good for you!!

Betsy Lee said...

:) Thanks everyone. I'm happy to announce that after the trial period (the few days after the cut) I've tried doing it a few different ways and I still love it! Yea!

In response to the comments, Richard's reaction was to smile and tell me that I look sexy, my kids just looked at me differently for 2 seconds and that was all the reaction I got, and no Richard's love isn't conditional to my hair length. He'll always prefer long hair, but he still thinks I look good with short too. And thanks for all the compliments! It's nice to get reassurances like this when you do something drastic with your hair. ;)

Lizzie. said...

Wowsers! Gorgeous Bets!

Tink said...

Wow what a talented hairdresser you've got. Although you would probably look good bald too:)

Loraine said...

Wow What a change! You look great both ways - - luckeee. I like it!