Our first stop on our trip was to Shoshone Falls, near Twin Falls, ID.
A happy time for all of us. Keira was easily mesmerized by the DVD player, but Garrett only slept when drugged.
Welcome to WA!! Ok, this was like 200 miles into WA, but this scenery is what we were waiting to see, and it only started to look like this a few hrs into WA. The lush, green, wet, beautiful mountains of Washington!
A view of Mt Ranier from the freeway headed to Seattle.
Here's a picture of Keira playing with her cousin, Ian, who happens to be 8 months younger then her and 8 months older then Garrett. They had lots of fun playing together outside in their fun yard.
Here's the early morning crew. They were the first ones up every day and warmed up in front of morning cartoons together. From left to right we have Josi, Garrett, Kali, Ian, and up front is Duncan.
We spent one day on the other side of the sound exploring port towns, with our favorite being Port Townsend. It was a cute little port town with cute houses, lots of neat looking boats, a lighthouse, and just a fun feel to the town. To get there we took a ferry. The pictures below are from the ferry looking out. We all really liked that adventure.
A picture taken from Port Townsend. That was a picturesque town!
It's not the greatest picture, but I had to capture the fact that we were about 40 miles away from Port Angeles, putting us about 120 miles away from Forks!!! (Twilight fans will get that) I didn't want to get out and take a good picture... that's just embarassing. lol
On another day we went to the Seattle piers and did touristy stuff there. We split up the Seattle sight seeing into two days. It was freezing, but we caught a beautiful sunset!
Here's the beginning of day 2 of sightseeing Seattle. I love this picture!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Jenny did an amazing job with Thanksgiving, and all the food was delicious! Thanks, Jenny!!!!And that was our trip. We love it in Washington!!! We'll be back.

8 comments:
It looks beautiful!! It reminds me of the few times I went to see my grandfather in Whidbey Island. Glad to hear an extensive car ride IS doable with two toddlers ;)
I am sooo jealous.... I am way excited to take Jamile to WA. We were even talking about how much fun it is going to be to take road trips together. fun fun.
I know I've said it before, but HOLY CRAP YOUR KEIRA LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE YOU! Trip looked fun.
OH how fun is that! I am so ready to go up and visit them! And come down and see you guys! It has been a really long time. It really has been months! I am glad you guys had so much fun!
I'm so glad you guys could come! It's always so much fun!
I loved hearing about your trip and the great pictures! I miss you all - - Lees and Millers. Looks like you all had a great time.
Great pictures! I love the one of Garrett next to the window and Keira in her pink hat. Very fun!
BETSY, I am so excited I found your blog. This is Angie Oldham, now known as Angie Rowley. I have been thinking about you lately and wondering how you are doing. I have a blog but it is private, so send me your email address to rowleystyle@gmail.com, and I would love to invite you. Maybe now we can stay in better touch in the whole blogging world. You have the cutest family! I love seeing what you guys are up to. Gilbert and I are coming into town for Christmas so we should get together and make some more great memories. I miss you, and it was such a good surprise seeing you at my baby shower. I can't believe it has already been 8 months since I last saw you. We definitely need to get together. Also send me your phone number and I will call you when we come into town next week. What days are better for you to go to lunch, or since we both have kids maybe we should just have a simple get together at your house or my parents house. Whatever is easiest for you let me know in an email so I can plan it. Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment