Monday, March 30, 2009

Stitches!

It was bound to happen; it really was!  It wasn't a question of IF, but WHEN.  Well, our crazy boy decided today would be the day he would end up with stitches.  Garrett was playing around this morning by our piano and hit his head on the side of the table, gashing his eyebrow about a half an inch long.  I'm not sure if he was head banging or fell, but it was with force!  He of course started crying and bleeding right away, but as soon as I cleaned him up a little and could see the wound better I could see it was deep and decided to take him to the Dr.  The Dr. took a look at it and determined that he did indeed need stitches.  So, two nurses and I pinned him down to the operating table and the Dr put 3 stitches in him.  He was screaming and yelling obscenities at us (or at least it sounded that way) the whole time.  He had been numbed up around the eyebrow and didn't start screaming until we pinned him down, and stopped as soon as we let him go, so clearly he was just really upset about being held down so tightly and not in pain.  lol  While the Dr was finishing up the last stitch he got to close to Garrett's mouth and Garrett bit his finger!  It was pretty funny!  The Dr pulled away fast and started laughing while he said, "He bit me!" in surprise.  The Dr commented jokingly that Garrett knew just what he was doing and got proper revenge on him for stitching him up like that.  Like I said, as soon as he was done and we let go of him he stopped crying, got a smile on his face, and even gave the nurse a big Garrett hug.  What a funny boy.   Of course as soon as we got home he was running around in circles immediately and hit his head on the wall about 3 times in 20 minutes.  Like I said, it was only inevitable that this would happen.  

7 comments:

Julie said...

Poor kid!! Although I say that and I think the ones suffering the most are the parents.

Alishia said...

Okay so I feel terrible for him but I must admit I was kinda giggling through your story...And then I saw the picture and just felt really bad for that cute little boy!!

The Bates Famdamily said...

That is so funny. I can totally picture the sweet kid. The shockimg thing to me is I've never had kids with stiches. Earl has had stiches, staples and broken fingers sinse we've been maried, but no Brandon? Good luck!

LauraBro said...

so sad--poor kid!

Becky said...

What a sad funny story. That little boy is so dang cute. I'm glad he is quick to recover. You know, I think Richard had stitches on his eyebrow...from jumping on the bed as a kid. He fell on the ring of a bottle nipple. That's how I remember it anyway. :)

Tink said...

Ohh, poor little guy. He doesn't look too upset about it. Now he matches Duncan. Except usually kids cut the outside edge but, Garrett's isn't.

Courtney said...

Poor kid? Poor you!

And Josh and I have done that same cruise twice! We love it because it is usually cheap, short, and we live in San Diego so the departure is close! I think we were on that exact same boat once!