Today at my appt only brought more drama. I had another ultrasound done to check Libby's growth and things aren't looking good. She hasn't grown in the last two weeks, which now knocks her off the growth chart. I was monitored Sunday night for having hard contractions (we're talking, do breathing exercises, hard) two minutes apart for hours, and thankfully she is still not having a hard time when I have contractions, so that's good news. (I was sent home, by the way, since I wasn't progressing, but had to deal with those contractions through the night. I'm now dilated to a 1+, and 60% effaced.) Now, because of her lack of growth, my Dr wants to monitor me twice a week and said he will probably induce me early. He's not sure how early right now, but he said we'll take it appt by appt. We don't want her staying in there if she's not growing, because something is probably wrong and it would be better for her to be out. So, who knows what will happen at this point. I may be induced within the next couple of weeks, or I might have her on my own with all the contractions and progress that's happening. I will be full-term next week, but that's not bringing much comfort since she's measuring about 5 lbs right now.
Either way, though, Libby won't be in there to much longer. There's not much I can do besides rest and take it easy, so it's in the hands of the Lord. Any prayers on our behalf would be appreciated.
2 comments:
Oh Betsy, I wish I was there to help!
I'm sorry I can't be:(
Betsy, I am sorry, don't worry too much about her weight, my girls were 6 1/2, and 4 weeks early, and niether of them were over five pounds. She still might be very healthy!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment