Well, I think Keira's brain is exploding. (nice visual, huh?) In the last 3 weeks Keira has been drawing all the time and making pictures that I can actually decipher. She's been drawing all these stick figures of mommy and daddy; one with hair and one without. It's been fun to watch because she wasn't doing anything close to this a few weeks ago. She drew one of me the other day with the hair straight up and said that it was me blow drying my hair. lol She's also drawn pictures of clouds with rain coming out, suns, and stoves. It's fun to see her adding more details all the time.
In addition to the artistic side of her exploding, she's also started to... (get this) READ!!! In November of last year she didn't know the alphabet phonics or any of the lower case letters. Now, thanks to Leap Frog's Letter Factory DVD and the website starfall.com she knows all the alphabet (lowercase and uppercase), and the phonics! I've been working with her as well, but not pushing her at all. Two weeks ago I was curious about how much she knew and decided to test her with some 3 letter words to show her that she can put the sounds together to make words and she surprised me by catching on right away! Now she can read almost any 3 letter word that I write for her! She amazes me! Here's a video of her that I took last night for proof. Sorry about the audio. It's kind of hard to hear. :\
She'll be 4 years old next month.
4 comments:
You need to tell the story of Keira at your birthday party when Gary and Loraine joined us. I asked her to spell her name, and she did. Then to be a knucklehead I asked her to spell her name backwards... and she did rapidly without thinking, "a r k e i r a" and said,"No. That's not right" and then stopped and pictured it and then said, "a r i e k, is Keira! Backwards."
what a smarty pants!! So fun!
So cute, I just want to squeeze her! You guys definitely need to come up again.
oh I cannot believe this--what a smart girl!!!! holy cow that's a amazing!
Post a Comment