Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today was a perfect day for a hike! So, that's what we did! We looked up some hiking trails and found one that sounded perfect. It's a little trail near Pleasant Grove that leads up to a few waterfalls called Battle Creek Falls. It was as perfect as it sounded! Not to long or steep of a trail; perfect for kids and adults who aren't in shape (us). It was a little colorless, but I imagine it looks a lot better in the summer when there are actually leaves on the trees.

The trailhead. We're ready for an adventure!

Even Garrett's ready! It didn't take long for him to get tired and want to be carried, though.

Along the way we found a cave and stopped in for a closer look. Luckily no one was home.

Then after 1.5 miles of gradual inclines we reached the end of the trail, and a decent waterfall.

It was perfect weather! Warm (70 degrees), with a little breeze and some mist coming off of the waterfall.

Kenny came along and helped carry kids (Garrett) when they got tired. The kids all love Uncle Kenny! (we missed Jamile, who had to work)

Libby liked the sound of the waterfall coming down.

Kenny and Richard took Keira and Garrett in for a closer look.

Time for a family picture!

Libby decided she's a fan of hiking. All that attention, being carried for hours, hearing the water, and being outside. Yes, I think we'll have fun this Summer.

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

How cute and fun! I'm steeling your family picture and hanging it up...unless you have another you would rather.

Angie said...

How fun! You look so darling! Miss you!

Becky said...

What a fun adventure! We miss the mountains. Remember that fun hike to Doughnut Falls when Lauren was a baby?
I love the pictures too, but I also hate seeing your kids grow up without me there. That one with the kids in the cave is adorable, and of course the darling family shot at the end.
Very fun.

Loraine said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a great day--and some adorable pictures to remember it by. This close ups of the kids are too cute!

Todd Miller said...

I love Battle creek falls. I'm glad you guys had fun. :)