Alright. The cat's out of the bag. We put an offer on a house, as you all should know by now, and here are the details.
The house we put an offer on is a short sale, so we could be waiting for a long time to even hear back from the bank. We've been told it could take as little as 10 days, to as long as 4 months. And that's just to hear something from the bank! So we're at the point of just waiting. We got word today that the bank has had the paperwork since last Monday and have ordered an appraisal on the house, which is a great step in the right direction. Once that's done the guy in charge said it usually takes a few days for the bank to get back on the offer. It's suppose to go up for auction on January 13th, so when they gave it to the bank they put top priority on it and it's in the bank's best interest to not let it go to auction, so it's likely they'll move on it. However, we're still counting on it taking awhile, and will be pleasantly stoked out of our minds if it happens sooner then we're anticipating. We are also aware that there's a chance that we just might not get the home for a number of different reasons. All around it's an unsure thing, but since we have time to wait and we aren't losing anything by putting an offer in, we're taking the risk. We love the house and will be heartbroken if it doesn't go through!
I'll post more pictures of the house if we hear good things back from the bank. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment