With some inspiration from a friend on Pinterest I put together a traveling folder for each of the kids, and it was a huge hit! They not only played with it for a few hours while in the car, they wanted to play with it while we were at home, too. I'm thinking of doing a similar one that's church-related for them to have during sacrament meeting.
So, here's what you need to make one:
-a small folder
-a dry erase marker
-a scrap of felt (if you're crafty you can sew it into a mitten)
-a zip lock bag or a pencil holder
-paper protectors
-and activities personalized for your child.
For the activities I just Googled images using words like "easy dot to dot printables" or "blank face" and printed those I thought each kid could do according to their age.
For Keira (6 yrs old) I had a wordsearch...
a few dot-to-dots...
a few mazes...
and the biggest hit with all of them were these blank pages that they could create their own picture with.
Other ideas you could use:
- tracing letters in their name
- matching capital and lower case letters
- the dot game
- a tic-tac-toe board
- a hangman board
- a small picture of the child's face that they can add a body, clothes, and hair, etc to
Possibilities abound, and the best part is that you can trade the old activities for new ones easily to mix it up every once in awhile for very minimal cost and effort!
1 comment:
I love this idea! Thanks for Sharing Betsy. Can't wait to put some together. A church one would solve a lot of problems too.
Post a Comment