Saturday, September 20, 2014

Looking For Opportunities to Learn

I've found that simply by being in the mindset that I'm responsible for my kids' educations has made me look for opportunities to teach them wherever I am, whatever I'm doing!

On one of our drives this week the kids started talking about how bigger things move slower than smaller things (generally).  I took that opportunity to put in a plug about friction as it applies to different modes of transportation.  There were a few "ah-ha" light bulbs that went off during that conversation.  :P

Later that night, Keira was up watching TV with us, and we had Nova's, "Making Stuff Safer" on.  They just so happened to start talking about friction as they were discussing how they make cars safer, to which Keira perked up.  After listening she said, "Huh.  Sometimes TV can teach you things, too."  Yeah.  How about that.  ;)  Neat.  

 

No comments: