Well, it happened. Keira had another seizure yesterday. :( Keira had been acting sick all day, and was running a slight fever, and me not thinking didn't give her Tylenol. We were going to go up to Logan yesterday with my parents and only had enough room in the car for one of our kids, so Richard and I dropped Garrett off at his parent's house and started heading up with my parents. We were on the freeway between the two Lehi exit's when I noticed her slumped over and drooling. Looking closer I saw her convulsing with a vacant expression on her face, with her eyes rolling back. That's when I knew she was having another seizure. My Dad pulled off at the next exit, but in the meantime, Richard had climbed over me and given Keira a blessing. It lasted for at least 3 minutes, and towards the end her lips started turning blue. When she finally stopped she was really out of it and extremely weak and tired! We stopped at Alex's house (my brother) since he lived off of that exit, and got her some Tylenol and tried to cool her off. After the seizure had happened she had really gotten hot to the touch. We decided to go up to Logan anyways, since the worst had happened and being in the carseat being closely watched was probably the best place for her to be anyways. So we got back in the car and she slept the whole way up there (still not saying a word, and barely making eye contact when she was awake) and she didn't start coming out of it until we had come out of Sardine Canyon and she woke up and asked abuot her cousins. She was really excited to see them! It wasn't nearly as scary as last time because we knew what was going on, but I still cried as it was happening. It's an awful thing to witness your child doing! I knew she was breathing, but still seeing her convulse like that and then see her lips turn blue... it's a scary thing to have happen even when you're aware of what's going on.
This seizure was most likely caused by the fever she had, thus making it a Febrile Seizure, but I'm not convinced that's the only thing causing her seizures. She didn't have a fever last time, and was acting completely normal before the first one, unlike the second one. So, now we have a problem on our hands. With my mom being Epilepic we have real reason to want to see what (if anything) is causing the seizures. So now our next step is to take her to the Dr and see what his opinion is on what's going on, and then possibly going to a specialist.
2 comments:
oh my goodness this is so scary! I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I hope that you can figure out the underlying cause and be able to find a solution. *hugs*
Betsy! I'm so sorry that happened. Despite how scary it was I am happy you were with your parents and that you had Richard give her a blessing. That is awesome. I hope you guys can get this figured out. That's so frightening.
Post a Comment