This picture was taken with my phone when Garrett was a few days old. He was a happy boy right from the start!I had an interestingly rare experience on Sunday. We went to our new ward and met some people (no, that's not the rare experience) and as usual switched off taking turns watching Garrett. I got him for Sacrament, which meant I had him for Relief Society as well. He had just taken a nap and had eaten so he was fairly content with life and was just sitting on my lap when out of no where he started giggling! I looked at what he was looking at and it was just a nice looking lady sitting across the row who had smiled at him. I smiled back, thinking how cute it was that he was being friendly. But then his little giggle turned into a louder giggle, which then turned into a loud belly laugh! The lady across from me wasn't doing anything more then smiling when he first laughed, but the more he laughed the more she couldn't help laughing too, which in turn made him laugh louder, which left all of us around me laughing and in tears! I wasn't sure what to do. Do I scold my child for laughing?!? Here this sweet lady teaching the lesson was trying to lead a spirit-filled discussion and my son was busting up laughing! I eventually decided to get up and leave, since we were disrupting, as bizarre as it felt to have to leave for THAT reason! What a bizarre feeling, though! Having to get up and leave a meeting because my baby was HAPPY! :P
On a similar laughter-related note, I was in with the kids (in their own room!!!) playing when I noticed Keira playing make-believe with one of her dolls. She was pretending to be, well, me I guess, by cradling her baby, and laying her down in her bed. What got me laughing, though, was when I heard Keira start singing, "Nuh-night Stinker. Nuh-night Stinker..." She so lovingly had named her baby, Stinker! :0 Not only did she keep calling her that during the playtime, but the next day she repeated the scene still calling her doll Stinker!!! Whoops! I guess we know what I call her.. a bit to much I suppose. *blush* lol
8 comments:
haha!! that's hilarious about Garrett! How funny that you had to leave. What a great thing to have though, instead of a baby who is always so fussy you can't have them in there with you ever!
And that is hilarious about Keira. I think I call Eliza stinker too much too... uh oh... I am going to be in for a rude awakening now that she is talking more!
That is really funny! When Kali was about nine months old she learned how to wink (she forgot and then learned again later). Anyway when she started winking at the ladies behind us in RS it caused such a disturbance that I ended up leaving! Who would have thought? What a happy little family you have there!
oh betsy ur post seriously made me laugh out loud! i think both ur kids must have ur fun loving personality. i seriously love that keira calls her doll stinker that is the funniest thing.
that's hilarious about Keira!!! Hopefully Haley doesn't start calling her dolls "stinky pants".
That is such a cute story - how funny. I wish I could have been there. He really is such a happy little guy. You can't help but just love him to pieces. What a way to enter your new ward. Happy babies come from good mommies.
Stinker is just another term of endearment...at least according to Keira or she'd never have named her baby that! :)
Oh, I sure miss that little guy and his laugh, And I sure miss that darling little stinker!
Why couldn't you stay and keep making relief society a little more entertaining? I wish there were babies laughing like old men in my relief society. Garrett was only doing his part...
Betsy! I did not know you had a blog! Yeah! Now I will get to keep in touch with you a little better. Glad your move went well. Your babies are adorable. And yes, J1 times were fabulous! You will have to remind me what some of the quotes were, who knows where that paper of mine is! Well you all look great and I hope all is well! I just started a blog too, not too exciting though. And in case you haven't hear, we are having a baby! We are so excited. Keep in touch. katieandrobfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment