Monday, June 2, 2008

We're Heeerrrre!


Well, it finally happened. We wondered if it would, and it finally has! We moved!!!!!! Hooray!!! For the sake of privacy I won't say where on here, but it was definitely a step up! For those who didn't know, we were temporarily living with Richard's parents while the place we're in now opened up, and that ended up being a total of nine months! In a lot of ways it was a nice place to live. After 8:00 pm when the kids were asleep we could hand off a monitor and leave for the night. That was nice. It was also nice getting to know my in-laws that much more. Living with anyone else would have been really hard, but they were great to live with! However, we were all sharing one room and that was... well, imagine it. Sharing a room with your 2 yr old and 9 mnth old. Fun. :\
We got all our stuff moved into this new place on Saturday and spent the night. Keira moved from the crib to a toddler bed and Garrett moved from the pack n' play to the crib, and it was a smooth transition! They both slept great and even slept in an hour longer then usual! We're still swimming through boxes, but have made good progress for only being here a few days. So far, we're really happy here! YEA!!! :D

5 comments:

Becky said...

YAY! Congratulations! So I guess if I ever need some sympathy I'll know where to turn. :)
My mom is having a tough time letting you guys go. And my dad always talks about how sweet you are. I know they are going to miss having your family around.

Courtney said...

Three cheers for moving to a bigger place! 4 human beings in one room? It was not intended for man to live like that. But where did you move? An apartment? A basement of a house? Your own house? Answers Betsy! Answers!

Betsy Lee said...

haha Courtney! We're in a basement apartment now. And no, man was NOT meant to live like that! I carry my medal of bravery with pride! :P We have 3 bedrooms, a backyard with a garden, and a nice view of the valley as a reward. :)

DeAnna said...

Congrats congrats!...it will be really easy to remember your new number since we used to dial it all the time! I will actually know it...I barely know Mom and Dads.

Tink said...

Yeah! I hope you will still plan to join the swimming parties in the summer!