Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Today Marks a New Life
Well, today is the first day of school. I have mixed emotions about today. I'm very happy and excited because today is the first time Richard is going to classes for his new major. For those who didn't hear, Richard was going towards an Earth Science Education degree until early this summer when he discovered the Digital Media degree they now offer at UVU. He's always been talented and very interested in art (drawing, sculpting, carving, animation) and hearing about this degree really got him excited, so with lots of thought we both decided that this degree/career would be a better direction for him to go in. So he is now officially a Digital Media student, with an emphasis in Animation. We're both really excited about this new change, and Richard was especially excited to start classes this semester. The good thing about when we made this switch is that he was just starting the Eduaction program so he won't lose much, and will actually have less time left by going with this new degree(teacher's really get screwed). The bad news is that he still has a lot of time left. :\ About 2 years, but only if he goes full time, and if he can't go full time it will be longer. :( Considering that we have 2 kids now and don't really want to add to our clan until he's done with school (unless prompted otherwise), we're both really anxious for him to be done! So my determined husband chose to enroll in 19 credits worth of classes, as well as working part time! :0 Yeah, when are we going to see each other? I don't know! This is where my mixed feelings come with him starting school today. Today marks the first day of his new major (which is exciting), but it also marks the day that I become a single parent! This isn't entirely a new lifestyle, because in the past he's had to work and go to school at the same time, but with how many credits he's taking I'm really going to be going it alone at home! I'm a little nervous, but the kids are getting more independent so it shouldn't be as bad. *sigh* The thing I have to focus on is making sure I get out often and find enough entertaining (yet cheap) things for the kids to do so we don't go stir-crazy at home. So, does anyone out there have ideas for me? I could sure use them, to take my mind off of *gulp* not seeing my husband much anymore. Wish me (us) luck! Here we go!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just think, it will only be two more years and then you will have the rest of your life to enjoy with a husband that has a degree and a normal job. A little sacrifice for the benefit later!!!! I know how he feels. I had 3 jobs and 18 credits at one point...it was a good thing I was single because I definitely wouldn't have seen Andrew at that point.
I wish you luck! You are a great Mom. Just get out and see the world when you can. We'd love to see you!
Post a Comment