Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tower Mountain

Sounds like a scary ride from an amusement park, doesn't it? Well, maybe if it was "terror" and not "tower".

Anywho, Richard and I went 4-wheeling with his friends last Saturday. It was quite fun! We went up to the very top of Tower Mountain, which is roughly 9,000 ft. The first part of the trip was scary, because the trail was very steep and very narrow, and there was a very high drop off on one side the whole time. But that only lasted for a little bit and then the trail was safe and very beautiful! It was such a gorgeous place to drive to, especially with all the leaves changing color! I have to say that Mt Loafer (the mtn next to Tower Mtn, or the Mtn Woodland Hills is on) is my favorite mtn in the world! And that's saying something if you consider the fact that I've seen many mtns around the world. I discovered on this trip that it's not only gorgeous from the front, but it's just as gorgeous (if not more) from the side!

Here is the trail head, where we started.

If you click on the photo and enlarge it, you can see the tower on the top of the mountain. That was our destination.

And here is the beautiful Mt Loafer, from the back. As usual, the pictures don't do it justice.

Here's Richard standing in front of Woodland Hills, where he grew up.

The reason for the name of the mountain. (Sorry it's not turned. Lazy.)

Richard and I from the top. My nose was a dirt magnet on the way up, apparently.

Here are some videos. The first one my finger slips up onto the lens because I was just holding it blindly in front of Richard's chest as I held on from the back. The second video is a view from the top.

7 comments:

latinlees said...

Some things that words don't do justice. Utah Valley is one of them. Thanks for the pictures. It is definetly a great way to get us motivated to come home ASAP. :D Jamile says: Thanks you so much for the comments posted on our blog. Even though I don't always responde, it doesn't mean I don't read them every day and look forward to more. I just don't know how to express myself quite yet. But thanks for supporting our blog and know that I check yours daily for updates.

Alishia said...

Oh those are beautiful!! That would be a very fun trip to go!

Julie said...

That looks like a lot of fun! It makes me miss the Utah mountains!

Tink said...

What a fun trip to go on together! I LOVE the mountains in Utah, they are one of things I miss about home.

Lees Everything Homemade said...

I love that angle of Woodland Hills. I've never seen it from that angle. Great photos.

Also, I hope you guys continue to love 4-wheeling because we are always looking for people to go with. We love it! Unfortunately, we all need money to buy more machines. Someday...

Janet said...

This is Sister Rife, I just wanted to say that it was great to see you last night. And THANK YOU so much for giving up your seats at the table for our family. That was so kind!

P.S. You have cute kiddies!

Christian Olson said...

Lee's! This is Christian and Denise from the 3rd Ward! We saw your blog from the list Pres. Rife sent out and we had to give a shout out to you. Hope things are well with you!