Besides the new ability to walk, he's also started talking (finally!)! He says "bah" for ball, "mama", and "dada". He screams a lot now too, which I'm not so excited about. It's not so shrill; it's more of loud yelling, but he thinks it's funny thanks to Keira laughing at him and doing it back, so he does it a lot now! Sometimes Garrett will start out yelling, and then Keira will do it back to try to tell him to be quiet and he laughs, so she laughs and does it again, and then he does it back. Oy! My aching ears! He just thinks it's funny when I try to quiet them too, so what's a girl to do?
Monday, October 6, 2008
He walks!!!!
He's been threatening to do it for months now, but I think Garrett's finally decided it's time to walk! Garrett's been strong enough to walk for some time now, but because of his funny crawl (on his hands and feet) he's been so fast that I don't think he had the motivation to walk. Well, the last few days I've noticed him trying (and sometimes succeeding) to stand up from sitting without any help, and he's shown a new interest in his walker, so Richard and I decided to test him to see if he wanted to walk to us yet. To our great surprise he took 3 good steps to Richard right away!! We kept having him walk between us, and one of the times he even stopped, turned and walked back! I knew he would suddenly just do it, since he was strong enough! Here's a video I got of him walking just today. I stood him up and then started filming.
Besides the new ability to walk, he's also started talking (finally!)! He says "bah" for ball, "mama", and "dada". He screams a lot now too, which I'm not so excited about. It's not so shrill; it's more of loud yelling, but he thinks it's funny thanks to Keira laughing at him and doing it back, so he does it a lot now! Sometimes Garrett will start out yelling, and then Keira will do it back to try to tell him to be quiet and he laughs, so she laughs and does it again, and then he does it back. Oy! My aching ears! He just thinks it's funny when I try to quiet them too, so what's a girl to do?

Besides the new ability to walk, he's also started talking (finally!)! He says "bah" for ball, "mama", and "dada". He screams a lot now too, which I'm not so excited about. It's not so shrill; it's more of loud yelling, but he thinks it's funny thanks to Keira laughing at him and doing it back, so he does it a lot now! Sometimes Garrett will start out yelling, and then Keira will do it back to try to tell him to be quiet and he laughs, so she laughs and does it again, and then he does it back. Oy! My aching ears! He just thinks it's funny when I try to quiet them too, so what's a girl to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so glad that was a video! Too cute!
YAY Garrett! He just gets cuter and cuter. That little Keira is pretty dang cute too. Love the modeling picture.
Why is he carrying a pan? Is he cooking?
Hooray!! And what do you mean finally talking? He's barely a year!
haha, for some reason he carries that pan all over the house lately. Must be a sign that he's going to be a chef... or maybe he just likes that toy. ;)
Jules, the reason I said "finally" is because he has been a silent one, and wasn't even babbling until recently. I'm not worried, but compared to his sister he is quite the silent one!
Oh hurray!! that is always so fun!
Yay Garrett!!! I love blogs....we all get to share in all of those "firsts." What a cutie!
I really miss my Nepheu
Post a Comment