Here's my little boy on the day he was born.
He was quite the barfy baby up until 9 months old, so he always had a bib on. I sure don't miss THOSE days! lol
We had a birthday party for him on Saturday at Vivian Park, (where the Heber Creeper comes in) because he loves trains right now. I made him a train cake, he got a train set, a train book, and a train dish set to name a few things. He sure likes his new train stuff! He has been playing with the train set ever since Saturday! It was a real fun day, but I am so sad because my camera card only had a few pictures of memory left on it!! :( So here are the few that I got:
Loraine, my MIL, brought some fun balloons, but as soon as Garrett saw them and tried to grab them the wind caught them and sent them into a tree nearby. My monkey husband and his monkey brother scampered up the tree and got them down for Garrett.
Here's some of the crowd. It was small and low key.
Here's the only picture I got of Garrett head on. :( He liked opening the presents!
This is the train cake I made. It was in better form, but it melted a bit during the car ride over.
Just as we were about to sing "Happy Birthday" the train pulled up. Garrett was very intrigued when it was this far away, but as it got closer he got pretty nervous about the whole thing. He's never seen a train that close before, and it was BIG, loud, and you could feel it rumbling by. He still loves trains despite the scare, though.
6 comments:
Garrett certainly began to rethink trains when he saw that huge train. But, I'm sure he still loves them. Keira was good fun and totally Gothic!
Thanks for the nice birthday party at beautiful Vivian Park.
Love you all.
Ohh, so cute! I'm glad you blogged the party so I could see it. I'm sorry we couldn't make it. (Mom has the present we got Garrett; hope it's not too old for him.)Happy Birthday Garrett
wow you should be a cake person!!! Good job! Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I can't believe he is 2!
wow you should be a cake person!!! Good job! Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I can't believe he is 2!
What a fun day! What a fun little boy. He was a sweet little guy tonight....after filling the bathtub and heading for the other bathroom. ( I caught him with his hand one the faucet.) But, I do think he's coming out of his two's. He was such a cutie today. An adorable little boy.
Oh - I must totally miss those little munchkins. Just reading this post has me all choked up. Seriously. What sweet kids you have, especially Keira being excited FOR HIM.
Happy Birthday Garrett - such a happy little cutie.
Great Cake Betsy! As always. :)
Post a Comment