This month we're focusing on Nephi for FHE, and tonight's lesson went so well I thought I'd record it here. We started off the night by telling a simple version of when Nephi was told to build a boat, putting emphasis on obedience. I used THIS picture to tell the story pointing out characters and such and seriously took about 2 minutes to tell the story so I could keep my kid's attention.
Then we put in the primary CD and played Nephi's Courage. Richard and I sang along and taught the kids to punch the air on "go" and "do" during the chorus. They enjoyed the actions and after a few rounds they were anxiously singing "I will GO! I will DO!" while punching the air. (ah, memories from my own childhood...)
After singing we played the Stop & Go game (to re-emphasize obedience, which we tied in to Nephi). They thoroughly loved this game and wanted to play it over and over again!
To wrap up the night I helped the kids scoop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet and we had cookies. Next week we'll continue with Nephi by telling the story of when he went and got the plates, sing Nephi's Courage again, and probably play Stop & Go again. Might as well get some mileage out of this success. ;)
2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear about successful home evenings - - especially with my kids and grandkids. You are great parents.
Good work!...I wish Andrew was more supportive of FHE even though it is just the two of us, I guess he feels like we are always home together and can talk about gospel principles whenever we want...I still think we should have it regularly though.
Post a Comment