Last weekend we went on another hike since it was beautiful weather (70 degrees)! We knew it was a risk, but we decided to go to Lower Timpanogas Falls. It was risky, because only a few weeks ago we drove up and there were piles of snow everywhere. We sort of got lucky. The path was mostly free of snow and it was a pretty good trail.
Garrett was not in the mood to be hiking so he had to be carried most of the way, but Keira did great!
We stopped along the way to have a teaching moment. Here I am pointing out the buds coming out of the ground.
Part way up the trail Richard and I switched and I got to hold Libby. She was bugged to be facing in, but wouldn't stop kicking (out of excitement) once I turned her around.
The trail was covered in snow right before the waterfall, which proved to be tricky since it was partially melted. I'm smiling here, but I didn't mean it. :P
And here we are at the waterfall... wait. What waterfall, you say? Yeah... we took this family picture first and then my camera ran out of batteries. Yep, that's right. Waterfall hike and no pictures of the waterfall. Oh well. We got some video. On a side note, notice how on the right of our family it is completely covered in snow and on the left there is none.Kind of trippy to the eyes.
*sigh* This spring is lasting to long. I can't wait until our pictures of our hikes are full of leaves and we don't have the problem of running into snow. Alas, we continue to go on these hikes and enjoying them, so we'll keep on going until Richard leaves. :)
4 comments:
I really like that last trippy picture - it's cool! i haven't run into much snow here hiking--then again the pocatello "mountains" are really "large hills" compared to UT! so lucky! glad you guys go every weekend--what a great family activity! Davey told me today that, " mom- we're going to go on a hike tomorrow okay?!!" he loves to hike--hooray!
You ran out of batteries when we went to Payson... Kind of a reoccurring issue isn't it?
That is kinda trippy. Our trees are almost covered in leaves. I don't know of a tree that doesn't. Are there leaves in the valley?
That must have been quite the work-out for Richard to have both. Garrett isn't a light boy!
Becky - There are leaves on all the trees in the valley, but there are just barely buds on the trees in the mountains.
Kenny - My camera is broken. I'm still using the same batteries that were in them, and they were new when we left. My camera was just being retarded.
Laura - That's cool that you at least have some hiking trails to go on up there!
Post a Comment