Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Introducing... The Toy Box!

Alright, you lucky people, you. It's time for me to advertise my new business on my blog! Aren't you excited?!


Introducing...

Keep in mind that everything is a work in progress for now, including this logo. It will look similar to this, but better quality and a few improvements. There is also a website for The Toy Box, but it too is a work in progress. However, I would like to start getting the word out now and get a little feedback from family and friends before the grand opening.

The general idea of The Toy Box is to rent toys and games. You can rent toys or games for 30 days for 1/3 the price of the toy, or choose from other rental options listed on my website. I'm starting with Discovery Toys products, but plan to branch out to other toys as I see interest. For the details about The Toy Box go to www.toyboxrentals.blogspot.com, or click HERE. There you will find details about rental options (including a vacation rental) as well as perks to renting.

Since I am renting Discovery Toys out I chose to be an Educational Consultant for Discovery Toys as well. So if you're interested in Discovery Toys and would like a free toy or free rental let me know and I can give you details about how to host a toy party at your home! All you have to do is be the host, which means providing names of guests, and providing a place to hold the party. I'll do the rest (invites, food, games, etc) and just by hosting a party you'll receive a free toy rental. If you sell any products then you get a free toy as well. Let me know if you're interested in doing this. If you do a party in the next couple of weeks you'll have the most success, since we're getting closer to Christmas time. If you're not big into having parties but would still like the free items you could do a catalog party where you just send out catalogs to friends and family. You'll still get the benefits, but are less likely to sell as much.

Now please take a minute to look over The Toy Box's website. Once you've looked that over please come back to this website and let me know what you think of the idea (not the website, since it's not finished yet) by either leaving a comment or marking whether you like it or not under this post. Polite honesty is appreciated. ;)



Now a little preview of the toys with some great models:


Pirate Pete is a book that you can make up as you go along. On this page Keira chose for the pirate to see a diver in the water, but she could have put a number of other objects in the water. Each page has different options. It's a favorite book around our house.
Busy Bugs is an activity done with lots of plastic bugs and activity cards. Keira's finishing a pattern in this picture, but there are also activities done with colors and math.
This is the Story Stacker. It's a wooden toy stacker with numbers on each ring and 3 different tops; a triangle top, circular top, and a square top. Nice & sturdy,which I'm a fan of.
Keira's doing patterns with the Gian Pegboard in this picture. She also likes to stack them up as high as she can, organize them by color or shape, and turn the pegboard over to put rubber bands on the opposite side.
This is a wooden school house that reminds me of old fashioned toys. Both Keira and Garrett like setting up the school house and playing with the wooden set. You can get a matching pet hospital or a restaurant.
This is the most popular toy in our house. It's called Motor Works and is basically a tool set that comes with a plane, racecar, and motorcycle that you can take apart with a motorized screwdriver, and put them back together again.
Renting a baby for the evening is also an option, but you can't keep her.


4 comments:

Alishia said...

Very fun! I don't really need any toys right now but I can steal that little one in the box for a while! ha ha I love the pictures to go along with it!

DeAnna said...

I will rent the baby!!! How much?? and How long?

latinlees said...

The baby is a success! :)I am already a fan of Discovery Toys. Josh will probably have some of them.

Becky said...

Very cute. I like the learning with each of the toys. I especially like the models.

Great Ideas!!

The only feedback I would offer would be regarding the price, which is a tricky call coming from me only because we are in a phase of our lives that doesn't allow us to spend a lot on stuff like that. I was excited to see what was available on the website, but discouraged after seeing how much even the cheaper items cost. SO - for ME (personally) renting a toy for thirty days doesn't seem like that much time when your paying 1/3 the price. (toys last and/or keep interest longer than three months).

Besides that I think it's an awesome idea and am so impressed with you for coming up with this all.