Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yard Work!

I've never been so excited to do yard work as I have been this past week!  :)  I went out and took pictures of all the spots in the yard that will need work so I can have before and after pictures of the work we'll do.  The house has been vacant for over a year, so the yard (that was once beautiful) is in much need of some TLC.  So between unpacking boxes I've been taking breaks with the kids out in the yard weeding.  So much fun!  Much more rewarding to do yard work in your own yard!

We discovered that there's a sandbox in our backyard that we didn't know about because it was so full of weeds!  Yea!  So that was the first thing I worked on so that the kids could play in the sandbox.

Here are the before and after pictures:

BEFORE

AFTER


Much better.  ;)  More photos to come as we make progress.

7 comments:

LauraBro said...

that is a cute sandbox- you can tell that the yard was once done well and beautifully (sorry about the grammar haha)- done. is that I dog I see in the picture ?!!! if you have a tonx of weeds you might think about renting out or borrowing a rototiller.

Angie said...

That's amazing! Good work! I am so excited for all the changes you are going to make.

The Bates Famdamily said...

That is a neat sandbox. What a fun treasure. That is cool that you didn't even know it was there.

Kim G said...

so so awesome!! Can;'t wait to come play in it!!!

Kim G said...

so so awesome!! Can;'t wait to come play in it!!!

The Dahle's said...

Fun! Connor LOVES to play in sand! He would love this!

Loraine said...

I agree working in your own yard is much more fun. It looks great!