Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Patriot Winner!

Richard is enjoying his schedule of classes this semester, and is especially enjoying his Digital Media class. They are learning all about Photoshop right now and doing a bunch of projects to practice what they learn. Once they complete a project the finished work is shown to the class and each person is suppose to grade you on a scale from 1-5 and then pick their favorite project that was shown that day. The top 6 people are put in "the hall of fame" and given extra credit points in addition to the honor of knowing they did well on that project. Well, the class was recently given the assignment to depict Patriotism and the teacher revealed the results today. I am so proud to announce that Richard got 1st place!!! Not only that, the teacher told him that it was a unanimous vote!!! He also got second place on another project he did using words to create a sailboat. I am so proud of him, and even more happy that he's enjoying this new major and doing well at it too!!! Yea Richard!!!



We recently created a website for him to display his past, present, and future art projects. If you would like to see some of his other work including the sailboat project (mentioned above) you can go to, www.richardzattic.blogspot.com (The sailboat project was the very first post) Comments are very appreciated!

5 comments:

Julie said...

That's awesome!! It looks like this major change was for the better! He must really be enjoying his classes!

Alishia said...

OH congratulations Richard! I really like it! You were so cut out for that career!

DeAnna said...

Yay RICHARD!!! That is awesome!

Loraine said...

This is better than you described it. I'm very proud of you! Congratulations!!!! Keep it up.

Becky said...

I'm already a little choked up because of the comments about his promotion and I think to myself, "I love my brother." Then I read about this AWESOME patriot design; which, that alone is choke up worthy. So even more so when the vote was unanimous. That is just cool! Congratulations. Way to go!