Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ten Ways You Know You're a Parent:

10. You can sit in a room full of babies and one could be poopy and you'd know it was your baby simply from the smell.

9. You can tune out the sound of your kids screaming and yelling, but as soon as you hear silence a chill of alarm runs down your spine because you know something's wrong!

8. You go out on a date with your spouse and by the time 10:00 pm rolls around you're ready to call it quits.

7. Your car is constantly covered in toys and crumbs.

6. You not only bought a minivan, but you're excited about the purchase!

5. Having poop on you isn't as alarming as it should be.

4. You no longer consider church a peaceful place, but a place of constant struggle!

3. You use words like "potty", "tummy", and "nuh-night" even when your kids aren't around.

2. You have kid's songs stuck in your head all the time, and find yourself humming them in public.

1. Your greatest source of pride and joy is also the greatest source of stress and frustration.


That's MY list, but I'd love to hear from others and what they would add to the list! I also feel like I should make sure that people don't think I'm complaining. The items I included on my list are things that make me laugh, and I love being a mom! It's a hard, hard job, but at the end of an especially hard day I lay in bed and smile thinking about my cute kids.

By the way, we are now proud owners of a minivan!!! haha We bought a 2000 Honda Odyssey yesterday and are surprisingly excited! They are just so stinkin' practical!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Haha, good list! I would add that you have all Disney movies memorized! And you can't watch any movie without crying!

SOO jealous about the minivan!

Loraine said...

That's news about the mini van. Can't wait to see you all spread out in it!

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious... all VERY true!!! I could have written every single one of those!