Here's Mr William's report. I can be more fluffy with his report, because it's just for me; not for the school. ;)
Most days William is just floating along with the rest of us, learning as we go. We always start the day with a devotional with all four kids. He actively participates in the prayer, reciting a new Article of Faith every day, and listens well as I read an article out of the Friend to the kids. He then joins us as we learn new signs. He's anxious to be apart of it and show he can do the signs, too. He then grabs some sort of quiet toy for our Pollyanna reading time. This usually is a puzzle, blocks, or coloring book. He usually (but not always) listens well to the story.
While the other kids are doing their math or reading time he's anxious to be apart of it. I made sure to have apps on the ipad for him to do during that time, or I have him play Boggle Jr, or some of the older kids read to him during their own reading time.
I never ever force him to be apart of our day. He has the option to just leave and play with toys (and is sometimes encouraged strongly to!) whenever he wants. Every once in awhile he has no interest in joining us for our school day, but that is rare. I think that's happened twice this year. He's an active participant, and learning well! Ask him to spell an easy three letter word and he'll figure it out. He's starting to read really easy books, and learning to count to 30, and knows most 3D shapes. He just loves the activity, and is living up to his nickname given to him by Grandpa Mark, of the professor.
I look at him and am sure glad I homeschool the others! I think he's the most entertained 4 yr old on the block!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment