Monday, May 1, 2017

Learning Log #32 (April 24th - 28th)

A few weeks ago I hit my head pretty hard and got a concussion.  I felt awful for a day, but then I was fine, until this Monday (April 24th) when I started feeling awful again. I attempted school, but soon realized that I just couldn't do it.  I had an awful headache, I was dizzy, had blurry vision, had a hard time concentrating, nauseous off and on, and was very lethargic.  So, we didn't get much done this week, but here's what we DID get done:


  • Garrett read from Jedi Academy & an Usborne book
  • Garrett & Keira played Battleship
  • Garrett played Sum Swamp with William
  • Garrett did a lesson from Math Seeds
  • Keira crocheted a headband
  • Keira did a lesson from Reading Eggspress
  • Libby did some lessons from Reading Eggs
  • We actually got through a lesson of science, learning Plant Modification from Mystery Science

Here are some pictures from our week:

Garrett & Keira's game of battleship.
Look at both boards!!  They, unknowingly, placed their ships in nearly the same places!!!  hahaha

A trip to the ER for a CT scan, since the concussion got worse.  All clear!

This was a fun surprise!  Garrett wrote to Jeffrey Brown (the author of Jedi Academy) a few weeks ago, and he got a postcard back from him this week!  How neat!




That's about how our crazy week went.  I don't remember much else of what happened.  Still not feeling super great, but I'm better than I was a week ago... so there's that.  

No comments: