I'll skip to the point of the story I'm about to tell and announce that I'M STILL PREGNANT!!!

I know, I know. "I'm pregnant!" "I'm not." "I'm pregnant?" It's been an insane week. On Wednesday I bled and cramped for about 3 hours, and then spotted a little bit and cramped a little bit the rest of the afternoon. The next day (yesterday) I woke up feeling great and didn't have even the slightest bit of blood or cramping the entire day! I starting getting really confused (and impatient for it to just happen), and called the Dr and read about things all day. All the nurses I talked to said I was miscarrying and the rest would come soon, so I braced myself. There were some things online that I read that said that 20-30% of women bleed during pregnancy and 50% of those still carry the baby to term. I didn't want to have any hope, though, considering that things were pointing to a miscarriage. Then today when I woke up feeling great again I called the Dr and the nurse said my Dr wanted to see me. So I hustled to the Dr, peed in a cup, and waited in the ultrasound room for my Dr. When he came in he told me my test was positive and then asked me a lot of questions to see what was going on. Then he told me from what I described it sounded to him like there is still a possibility I didn't miscarry. So we did an ultrasound and I got to see the sac and baby perfectly in place!!! :D My Dr said everything looks like it should at 5 weeks, and there's no sign that I've started to miscarry. He said that from what I described and how far along I am it was implantation bleeding! :0 I thought implantation bleeding would be more like spotting, but I had a lot of bright red blood! I have an appt for another ultrasound next week to hear the heartbeat (it was a bit to early to hear the heartbeat today) and make sure things are still ok, but at this point I have as high of a chance of miscarrying as anyone! YEA!!!!!!
Soooo, THANK YOU for all the love and support we've had through all of this! It really means a lot to us! This has been an emotionally draining week, I tell ya. One day we're pregnant, one day we think we're miscarrying, and today I find out I'm stll pregnant after all! I just hope there isn't more drama to come. I feel very blessed, and even though I wasn't starting to miscarry after all, I feel like our baby was saved, which just makes me treasure the little raisen inside me even more! Keep growing healthy little one!!!
9 comments:
Bets I have to say I have been where your at its scary and i totally know how you feel I went through something very similar and we tryed getting preg. I did miscarry but I was OK sad but I got preg. about a month in a half after with Avarey and every thing was perfect!So I am praying for you and Im sure everything will be all right!you're awesome!!dont stress! and please call me if you need someone to talk to.
Keep safe.
OH HOORAY!! That is all scary but wonderful news! I hope things continue to be nice and healthy for you! I'll be sure to keep you and thelitte one in my prayers.
That is VERY good news! I hope all goes well! I can only imagine how draining a week like that would be. Way to stick through it all still so positive.
Congrats on the pregnancy! Sounds like you have had an emotional week! I hope that all continues to go well :)
Wonderful news! We will keep our little one in our prayers. You too Betsy.
Congrats little baby maker! And I know exactly how you feel. I'm pregnant and when I was about 5 weeks, I miscarried. I was so sad, but come to find out, I was carrying multiples and so I still had a baby in there! I was sad, but very happy to find that I was still pregnant.
When are you due?
What?!?! Courtney, you're pregnant!??! How did I miss this?!? Have you announced it yet? Or are you joking? That is a crazy story! You're right, it sounds just like mine; thinking you miscarried only to find good news still. I'm sorry you did lose one, though. I am very much in shock and excited for you!!! I didn't know you guys were trying. I'm due October 4th. When are you due?
I am due August 11, making me a little over 14 weeks. Yes, I'm getting fat.
Post a Comment