Sunday, February 15, 2009

And the drama continues!

My mom said that she thinks this baby is going to be a girl, because my first pregnancy with Keira was riddled with drama (pre-term labor, bedrest, labor for weeks), but my second pregnancy with Garrett was just fine. Now we have another dramatic pregnancy already, and ya know, I think she may be on to something! lol

We went to the Dr on Friday and had an ultrasound done, and to much relief and joy we were able to see the heartbeat!!! It was neat to see that little baby's heartbeat, and a relief that things were ok. Well, almost. Along with seeing the heartbeat we also saw that the placenta has actually seperated from the wall a little bit, which actually explains why I bled awhile ago (thinking I had miscarried). That makes more sense to me because I didn't see how implantation could cause so much bleeding. So, we saw that and also saw that some fluid had built up where it should be attached. Seeing the heartbeat would put my chance of miscarrying at 5%, but due to this fun addition to the situation it puts me between 5-20%. This all, of course, makes me nervous, but I'm ok. My Dr didn't seem to concerned and just advised me to take it easy, though I'm not on bedrest or anything. Just no jumping jacks or anything to jar me. I had a blessing yesterday and it was a hopeful one, so whatever the Lord has planned for me and this baby we'll all be ok. So, I guess all we can do is be careful, keep praying for this little one's safety, and wait to see what happens.

p.s. If any of you have had or know of someone who has had Placenta Abruption in their first trimester I would appreciate you sharing any info on it with me! There's info out there about it happening in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, but nothing that I can find about it happening in the first trimester.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Your baby is in my prayers! I'm sure the worst is over! And what a relief to hear the heartbeat.

The Dahle's said...

oh bets i bet u are a nervous wreck! Such mixed emotions because u heard the heartbeat but got told about the placenta! I will keep u guys in my prayers! Oh and the bucket thing didnt scare connor at all he would laugh his head off everytime it went off!