Monday, July 5, 2010

A little taste of London and Namibia

(I'm going to post A LOT while Richard's gone. Mostly for him to see. Just a friendly warning. ;) But this one is for family and friends to see where he is. )

Today marks the end of ONE WEEK that Richard and Alishia have been gone and they are alive and well in Namibia. I've been able to talk to Richard every day for the last 3 days and it is WONDERFUL! That is one very big blessing we have; to be able to communicate with each other while he's gone. It wasn't even very long ago that that wouldn't have been possible. It makes him being gone more tolerable when I can see and hear from him every day. :)

Here are some pictures I was given from their trip. Actually, I took them off of Facebook, so they aren't the best quality, and I'm not sure who took what pictures, but here they are:



LONDON

They stayed in London for about 36 hours on their way to Namibia to break up the trip.

Abbey Road
The whole group minus one professor in front of Abbey Road Studios.

NAMIBIA

This isn't the main city they're staying in. It's a city nearby of extreme poverty that they visited. About 250,000 people live here.

4 comments:

Tink said...

Okay I'm a little slow today. I looked through the pictures and I didn't see Alishia in them...because she was taking them right! Isn't that the whole reason she is there!? Don't think less of me I'm actually a little sick today:)

Betsy Lee said...

haha I thought something similar. She's behind the lens for this trip. But she IS in the one of them in London in front of the studio at least!

Alishia said...

ha ha I took all but two of the pictures. The one that I am in and one other. but I am the primary photographer here. Richard has taken some good ones too though.

Loraine said...

Love the pictures! It makes it more real to see Richard and Alishia in the pictures.