In the middle of week 7 I started to have some major anxiety due to, er.... a monthly influx of hormones... that lasted into week 8, so I didn't blog about week 7 due to that. I was feeling pretty low and wanted to just put a post up titled, "I don't want to talk about it." I felt like it was a pretty big bust at the time, and didn't want to report on my failures. But looking back it wasn't too bad.
Early on in the week I took out the game, Upwords to play around with letters with Garrett. While I was getting the other kids set up on something Garrett decided to play around on his own. He started to write out the scripture we had memorized a few weeks back. "And the Lord called his people Zion because they were of one heart and one mind.." When I came over he had gotten to "his" on his own, and I helped him spell out the last three words. I was pretty surprised and proud that he had done the first of it on his own without any prompting or help!
Keira wanted to work on cross stitch during this week, so we got out something she had started months ago and did a bit more work on it.
Keira read a lot out of the book she got from the library, Wayside Stories. This is a picture that she took of it one day when she went on a photo spree with my camera. ;)
We had a neat surprise during the week when Keira's microscope showed up in the mail! We started reading up on how to use it, and then started looking at slides. It came with 40 slides of different things to look at, which has been quite fun to see! Next week we will learn how to make our own slides. ;)
Aside from those things the kids had their last week of soccer (they began a new sport the following week), Keira had violin lessons, Garrett had speech therapy, we celebrated Libby's birthday (it was pretty much a full day event on Tuesday), they did a nature walk and leaf rubbings with Grandma, and we read more out of Robin Hood. Keira also mastered cursive and wrote a few journal entries using cursive, I made a "Go Fish" game for Libby out of uppercase and lowercase letters that we played, and we did various math lessons and reading. Also, since it was the last day of the month we did our weather graph. Every day the kids take turns putting stickers on a chart predicting the weather for the day. At the end of last month and at the end of this month we got out a chart and colored in the boxes to show the weather we had for the month.
Anyways, that was our week. It was very scattered and disorganized, but I guess at least we did something. We survived, at the very least. ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment