- Instruments
This week we had another fun package arrive; our instruments! Garrett got his recorder, and along with it was a bag of small instruments like a triangle, maracas, jingle bells, etc. It also came with a book of games to do with the instruments so we tried one out. After going through the names of the instruments we blindfolded one person, gave everyone else an instrument and had them spread out around the room. Then they all started playing and I called out an instrument, and that was the one the blind folded person was suppose to find. It really helped them get to know the names of the instruments and what sounds they make. They all loved that game, which is so rare! It's hard to find an activity that they all (8-2 yrs old) love! - Robin Hood
We read more out of Robin Hood. I'm hoping to finish it by November 1st, so we can start on A Christmas Carol and get that read before Christmas. They kids keep amazing me with their ability to follow along in this book, despite the weird old-English language. But they love to color or play Legos as I read, and they answer questions that I pose along the way. It's great! - Libby Learned How to Read!
At least, it was a start. She's really getting the alphabet down so I started her on an online reading program I found at www.allinonehomeschool.com. After her first lesson she knew how to read 5 words, and they put those words in two sentences on a page and she was able to read them! She loved it! We've got to do the next lesson now! - Violin
Keira hit a new level in violin this week. She passed off the Twinkle variations, and started on a few new songs. Her teacher had taught her line one of four last week, and this week Keira just started reading the notes and playing it on her own! Very slowly, but I was still impressed. I didn't know she could read the notes, and I am with her for every lesson and during practice time! She also got scheduled for her first recital, which will be in December. She's doing great! - Math WarOne day for math I reinvented the game "War" for Keira and Garrett. We took out all the face cards, and instead of turning over one card each, we turned over two cards and had to add them together to see who won. It worked out great! I think when Keira gets all of her times tables down (we've put a pause on them during these crazy weeks) I'll play it with her using times tables.
Besides that we did various math worksheets and online games, individual reading, they had their first week of flag football in PE, more time in front of the microscope, park day with friends, and we went on an epic (for our family) 4 mile hike!!! Like I said, not a fabulous week, but it was ok. I have a feeling next week will be better. ;)
![]() |
| Looking at one of the leaves we collected on our hike. |

No comments:
Post a Comment