I don't have a lot to say, but I wanted to do a quick update on a few things.
#1 - as of 2 weeks ago Keira has finally become potty trained!!!! It all started with a fabulous potty chart with treats after 7 stickers, and now she has only had about 3 accidents in the 2 weeks that we've been doing this! We even went out to the store twice and she stayed dry during those scary trips! HOORAY!!! I'm already seeing a money return for all the diapers I don't have to buy now! I'm WAY excited about this progress! :D
#2 - I'm officially signed up and registered for school!!! haha This may come to a big surprise to some of you since I haven't mentioned it, but I've decided it's time to go back to school and I want to major in History and eventually get my teaching certificate and teach. This was the plan the whole time since I met Richard after my first year of school and stopped going since we felt it was time to start a family, but I thought I wouldn't be able to go back to school until my kids were much older. Thanks to the Independent Study program at BYU I'm able to do a lot of it from home at my leisure, so now that the kids are a little more independent and I feel like I have more time in the day I decided (we decided) it was a good time to jump in the school pool! I applied in October, a few days ago I got a grant to go towards one class, and now I'm signed up for a history class awaiting my materials to arrive in the mail. I'm really excited about this step!
So, that's my quick update. Hope everyone's holiday planning is going well!
3 comments:
Oh Hooray! I am so excited for you! I was going to major in the very same thing! I wanted to teach History but I am so happy that you get to go through with it! Good luck! And yay for potty trained children!
Hooray for starting school!! That is something I really want to do as well. And I hope Keira keeps it up!! Seems like she's ready!
I can imagine that potty trained is a pretty big deal! I wanted to say thank you very much for the Stroller, I would love to get the matching car seat too if you still have it. We can pay you for them, or take you out to eat or something.
Post a Comment